SOUNDBLOX and SOUNDCELL Architectural Concrete Masonry Units are structural and absorptive barriers that positively improve sound quality of interior rooms and outdoor environments, while providing structure for walls and buildings.
SOUNDBLOX and SOUNDCELL ACMUs are practical solutions to effectively suppress problem noise and thus improve the acoustical atmosphere for safe, affable, human occupation. ACMUs provide healthier acoustical environments via two means of treating unwanted noise:
- Reduce noise within an enclosed space through absorption and diffusion of sound energy within its core matrix
- Suppress noise transmission to an adjacent room or space by structuring a robust sound barrier
SOUNDBLOX and SOUNDCELL ACMUs are utilized to construct versatile structures. ACMUs provide permanent walls comprising system performance characteristics and benefits not found with other wall systems and acoustical improvement products.
- Strong, load-bearing, able support tons of structural loads
- Structural stability providing rigid shear strength to withstand wind loads
- Fire resistant
- Tough, hard-wearing to every day wear & tear, abuse, and are vandal resistant
- Minimal maintenance with only an occasional cleaning needed
- Durable and will last for the life of the structure or building
SOUNDBLOX derive their excellent sound absorption from a unique cavity-slot resonator construction. The cavities are closed at the top and the slots allow the cavities to function as damped (Helmholtz) resonators — an excellent sound absorption tool at low frequencies. The slots of the units are funnel-shaped for superior acoustical performance.
The amount of sound absorbed by properly installed SOUNDBLOX is increased dramatically when units incorporating a metal septum (membrane or divider) and fibrous filler in the cavity are specified. Together with funnel-shaped slots, these units provide higher levels of sound absorption across a wider range of frequencies. In addition to sound absorption, SOUNDBLOX walls have a superior sound transmission loss (STL) performance rating when compared to walls of ordinary hollow concrete blocks of similar composition.
The SOUNDCELL unit’s design innovation is your practical solution to effectively absorb problem noise, diffuse sound energy, and more thoroughly capture flutter echo, standing waves and sound intensity annoyances — with style. Visit the Featherlite website for more information on these products.
|Acoustical Masonry Brochure (1.53 MB)