We are seeking a “best in class” Packager with a strong work ethic and desire to be an integral part of an effective team. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
This is a safety sensitive position.
Packages and inspects brick in a fast paced production environment. Production facilities are not climate controlled and work is outdoors and indoors in all types of weather conditions and work environments.
- Previous experience in a production environment
- Ability to stand for up to 10 hours daily
- Ability to constantly use both hands/arms simultaneously to grip, lift and carry bricks weighing 16 to 35 pounds – up to 4,000 repetitions per shift
- Ability to constantly bend and twist at the waist, knees and neck while packaging brick from floor level to 65 inches – up to 4,000 repetitions per shift
- Ability to frequently reach overhead up to 75 inches
- Ability to visually inspect brick for clarity and color
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protection equipment) – required and provided
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training